New Design Britain Awards
Young design talent at its best
The New Design Britain Awards are one of the most important competitions in the UK for young design talent, giving recognition to students for innovative and ground-breaking work and providing an opportunity for INTERIORS UK to encourage new young stars and look to the future of the furniture industry.
- Furnishing accessories: Lighting, tableware, decorative & soft furnishings
- Surface coverings: Surfaces for wall & ceiling
- Furniture: Cabinet, bedroom, kitchen – internal & external furniture
- Fabrics: Textiles & fabrics for curtains & upholstery
“Going to INTERIORS UK will be a fantastic opportunity for new designers to meet the right people within the industry, and that’s invaluable to a new designer. I’ve already seen some products that we could easily take to production and move forward to retail."
The New Design Britain Online Choice Award is back again for 2014!
We’d like you to let us know who should be this year's winner. Vote for your favourite design simply by 'liking' its picture in our dedicated Facebook album.
The design which receives the largest number of 'likes' by Monday 20 January 2014 will be awarded a prize at INTERIORS UK 2014 where further winners will be announced.
Fabric: The 2014 Shortlist
- Clair Whyman - Urban Perspectives
- Chloe Atkins - Hunger Games
- Liz Ramsay - Cool Heat
- Joanna Hughes - Geometric Constructions
Furniture: The 2014 Shortlist
- Elizabeth Ret - You've Been Framed Desk Chair
- Joe Buttigieg - Tess Chair
- Alexander Mueller - Woven Easy Chair
- Charlotte Millett - Burst
Surfaces: The 2014 Shortlist
- Rebecca Tudor Price - Barbules Paradise
- Rosie Cook - Future Brights collection
- Elizabeth Jane Winstanley - Illusions
- Seema Shah - Wooden Tiles
Accessories: The 2014 Shortlist
- John Hollington - Elica Pendant Light
- Juliette Bigley - Lucky for One
- Bilge Nur Saltik - Share Food Containers
- Clea Jentsch - Desk Tidy